Mixto Resurfacing Laser
The MiXto SX Micro Fractional CO2 Laser is a well-established treatment for fine and deep wrinkles and acne scars. A single treatment can show significant improvement in skin texture and color while softening wrinkles.
How does the MiXto SX Micro Fractional CO2 laser work?
The MiXto fractional CO2 laser is a revolutionary delivery system that works by delivering controlled heat to the skin. The depth of penetration and amount of heat delivered can be controlled precisely through a high speed scanner, driven by an algorithm that divides the treatment area into four quadrants (or fractions), and skips the beam from quadrant to quadrant so that each strike is separated by the longest possible interval. The process is repeated until entire area is treated. Dividing energy this way allows maximum time for thermal cooling of the tissue, less pain for the patient and faster recovery, resulting in:
- New skin remodelling and collagen growth for up to 6 months after treatment
- Instant contraction of the damaged skin
- Fine lines being softened and age spots removed
What benefits can the MiXto skin resurfacing treatment offer?
- Acne scars, pore size, fine lines and textural irregularities are significantly improved.
- Removal of age spots, sun spots and skin discoloration usually associated with aging skin
How does the treatment feel like?
Most patients will feel a warm sensation on the skin. This is expected and a topical anaesthetic cream will be applied on the skin an hour before the treatment to reduce the discomfort.
How long is the treatment?
Treatment time for a full face is approximately 25 minutes.
How would my skin look like after treatment? Any post care treatment I should be aware of?
Day 1 -2
The skin will look red and sunburnt for 1-2 days post treatment. Subsequently, the fine pinpoint pattern will begin to disappear and the skin will have a tanned look. At this stage, makeup can be applied.
Day 3 -4 The top layer of skin will begin to peel during normal washing, revealing new rejuvenated skin with improved colour and texture.
The peel with will be complete in most cases. Avoid prolonged sun exposure for at least 3 months. Apply a moisturizing sun block with at least SPF30 daily.
How many treatments are required?
Superficial wrinkles and skin lesions typically disappear after one treatment. However, deeper wrinkles and acne scars may need 2 to 3 treatments, spaced about 2 months apart.
When can I see results?
You will see benefits by the time the skin is completely peeled and will continue to see results for up to six months with new collagen regeneration that “plumps” up the skin.
Who is best suited for the MixTo SX skin resurfacing?
- Younger patients with severe acne scars
- Middle aged patients with fine wrinkles and age spots
- Older patients with wrinkles and age spots
Can the MixTo SX CO2 laser be used on other parts of the body?
It is most commonly used on the face but can be used on the neck, chest, arms and hands,
What are the risks and side effects?
Although side effects are uncommon, one should note the following:
- Erythema (redness of skin): the laser-treated areas have a distinctive redness representing increased blood flow due to the growth of the superficial tissue and collagen. It will gradually fade during the first few days.
- Inflammation (swelling): there is a minimal amount of swelling that should subside within 24 hrs.
- Hyperpigmentation (tanning): This may occur after the 3rd day of procedure but is usually temporary.